How do I train for the HotChillee Cape Rouleur? HotChillee CC have plenty of rides throughout the year to keep you motivated, both on the road and off it! You can find our calendar here, rides for the following month are usually posted two weeks in advance. HotChillee CC members have 48hr priority entry but you don't have to be a member to join the rides if you're signed up to an event.
Our coaching partners Njinga Cycling also offer all HotChillee events participants a 5% discount on all of their services including indoor classes, benchmark testing, pedal technique coaching, off bike conditioning and more! Find out more here or contact [email protected] for more information.
What bike should I ride? The event is restricted to roadworthy road bicycles only. If you are in any doubt then contact the organisers whose decision is final. The ride takes place on tarred or cobbled roads.
Note that no bicycle is permitted to have unconventional handlebars including triathlon bars, aero bars, clip-ons, prayer bars, and cow bars.
What else can I do and where can I eat in Franschhoek? We've spoken to the locals and put together a list of must-see activities for non-riding partners, and the top 5 places to eat after a long day in the saddle! Find out more here.
What is the Festival Ride? The Festival Ride takes place on Thursday 11 March 2021 and forms the last day of the HotChillee Cape Rouleur. As on other days of the Cape Rouleur participants are supported by the fabulous Think Bike Marshals, HotChillee Ride Captains, mechanics vehicle, ambulance and the local traffic police. Find out more here.
Do I need insurance? Yes! We ask that all riders take out travel insurance. Travel Insurance and/or Medical Aid details must be added to your registration and, if requested presented at Sign On.
What is HotChillee CC? 6 months free membership to HotChillee CC is included in your event entry for non-members. As a member you'll have access to exclusive discounts and offers from our partners and sponsors, priority access and discounts on all HotChillee events and more! Find out more here.
What happens if I need to cancel my entry?
If for any reason you need to cancel your entry there are several options available:
1. You are able to nominate a substitute rider for your entry (up to business 30 days before the event start date).
2. You may defer your entry as a credit towards another HotChillee event in the same or following calendar year (up to 12 weeks before the event start date).
3. You are entitled to the following refund on your entry:
- 17 Weeks + before the Event start date: Refund: 66% refund of the full entry fee paid including any extra services and upgrades
- 13-16 weeks before the Event start date: 33% refund of the full entry fee paid including any extra services and upgrades
- 0-12 weeks before the Event start date: 0% refund of the full entry fee paid including any extra services and upgrades
For full terms and conditions regarding the above, see our Conditions of Sale
Click here for Event Rules and Regulations
To cancel your entry, please contact [email protected].