Whisky Tasting and Fireside Chats
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS
At Hotchillee we’re passionate about cycling, have industry experts on tap and of course organise great rides but, as any Hotchillee member will tell you, it’s not just about the bike!
Now an institution amongst our whisky drinkers are the winter Whisky Tasting and Fireside Chats hosted by Hotchillee’s Founder Sven Thiele and Eurosport’s Brian Smith.
For the newcomers, you don’t need any whisky knowledge but just a passion to learn a little more – we know of a few people who join for the craic – and drink beer, we of course tolerate this in the spirit of slowly converting them!
The 30 minute tasting, complete with insights from industry experts, master blenders, or distillery lovers is followed by the fireside chat with some of the friends we’ve made along the way.
We’ve laughed and cried over the last 18 months (as well as drink a lot of whisky), and with Chatham House Rules and the good stuff flowing freely it’s always worth hanging around for the chat towards the end of the bottle!
PREVIOUS GUESTS INCLUDE
- Ashleigh Moolman Pasio, SA National Champ and Esports World Champ
- Ben Swift, Team SKY
- Carlton Kirby, author/ TV commentator
- Cherie Pridham, Israel Start-Up Nation, Director Sportif
- Ian Whittingham, Founder Sigma Sports
- Jordan Addison, Owner G!RO Cycles
- Josh Tarling, Team GB
- Magnus Bäckstedt, Paris-Roubaix winner
- Nicholas Dlamini, Team Qhubeka NextHash
- Nicolas Roche, Team DSM
- Pippa York, Tour de France stage winner and former Road Race Champ
- Songezo-Jim, former MTN Qhubeka
- Steve Cummings, former Team Sky, BMC Racing Team and Team Dimension Data
- Zoe Bäckstedt, double Junior World Champ – road/cyclo-cross, Junior National Champ – ITT, European Champ -cyclo-cross
JOIN THE GANG
The next session will be this Friday 3 December with our special guest and good friend Joseph Dhafana – refugee turned wine maker with a fascinating and inspiring story to tell.
Places are limited to Premium members only, with 4 places available for non-members.
If you are a Premium member please RSVP here.
If you’d like one of the non-member places please email [email protected]