5 – 11 October 2019
Race or ride – it’s up to you!
Enter as a “racing team” of two, or “ride and survive” in a small group with the renowned HotChillee Ride Captains and enjoy the support and camaraderie en route.
The event is open to mountain bikes as well as gravel bikes, but the parcours will best suit the speed of a gravel bike. The event has been sanctioned by Cycling South Africa.
Saturday 5th October: Transfers available from the Cape Town Waterfront and CPT International to Swellendam.
Sign On & Prologue at Bontebok National Park.
Sunday 6th October: Stage 2 – Swellendam – Swellendam (95 km)
Monday 7th October: Stage 3 – Swellendam – Riversdale (107 km)
Tuesday 8th October: Stage 4 – Riversdale – Calitzdorp (109 km)
Wednesday 9th October: Stage 5 – Calitzdorp – Oudtshoorn (53 km)
Thursday 10th October: Stage 6 – Oudtshoorn – Uniondale (113 km)
Friday 11th October: Stage 7 – Uniondale – Plettenberg Bay (90 km) & visit Kwano Cycling Academy. Transfers from Plettenberg Bay to Cape Town (via Swellendam)
Saturday 12th October: Last transfers back to Cape Town (via Swellendam)
Click here for maps and profiles of each stage
Your Entry Fee Includes:
- Event entry
- All meals (from Saturday evening to Friday lunch)
- Accomodation in tented villages (single occupancy in dome tent)
- Signed route
- Manned water stops each day
- Neutral service at water stops
- Medical support on route and in race village
- Baggage transfers between stages
- Parking (at start venue) for duration of event
- Bike wash
- Digital photos and film
- Event T-shirt
- Pro cycling jersey (valued at 1,400 ZAR)
- Alcohol and soft drinks
Accommodation Upgrades – Available at Registration
- Luxury tent upgrade (with bedding and towels)
- B&B upgrade
Additional Purchases – Available Soon
- Evening mechanic packages
- Sports therapists
- Transfers to/from start and finish line