Race, Ride or Conquer Sunday Endurance Series
The Hotchillee Race, Ride or Conquer Sunday Endurance Series is a series of Sunday morning Zwift rides that will build in difficulty and duration through the (UK) winter. We’ll tick off some of those big route badges on Zwift together.
They’ll be running throughout the winter and roll out at 08:30 starting out with 90-120 minute routes and build over winter to some of the real biggies.
If you want to be at the pointy end, join Race (A) at 08:30 and see how hard you can push it. If you drop off the pace, you can always fall into one of the slower groups coming along behind.
If you want a good solid pace endurance ride, join Ride (C) at 08:33. This group will be led at about 2-2.5 w/kg – maybe pushing to 3 w/kg on climbs but then re-grouping, by one of our experienced Hotchillee Ride Captains.
If you’d prefer to take things at your own pace, maybe with your own group of likeminded riders – then join Conquer (E) at 08:36.
HOW IT WORKS
The idea, just like a good sportive, is, no matter what your pace, you should find some wheels to ride with and, with double-draft enabled, should be able to hang on and tick that route off.
The routes planned are:
- Sunday 14th November Dust in the Wind Watopia 52.1km/529m
- Sunday 21st November The London Pretzel London 55.6km/531m
- Sunday 28th November Bigger Loop Watopia 53.1km/678m
- Sunday 5th December Tire-Bouchon France 61km/431m
- Sunday 12th December Big Foot Hills Watopia 67.5km/707m
- Sunday 19th December The PRL Half London 69km/954m
- Sunday 9th January Medio Fondo Watopia 72.6km/981m
- Sunday 16th January The Pretzel Watopia 72.2km/1333m
- Sunday 23rd January Quatch Quest Watopia 45.9km/1683m
- Sunday 30th January Gran Fondo Watopia 97.2km/1148m
- Sunday 6th February The Mega Pretzel Watopia 107km/1642m
- Sunday 13th February The Four Horsemen Watopia 89.3km/2112m
Kit and equipment
The ideal is to have a smart trainer for greatest interactivity but you can ride on Zwift with a “dumb trainer” and power meter on your bike. You’ll need a Zwift subscription.
We’d strongly recommend being on Discord. This is a free to download gamers chat app and means you’ll get encouragement and instructions for the ride leader, gets to know your fellow Chillees and be able to take part in the ride banter.
Who can take part?
Anyone with a Zwift account! Hotchillee Premium members – find more information, ask any questions and chat directly to the Hotchillee team on the #virtual_rides group of the Hotchillee companion app. If you’re not already part of the gang here’s how to join us.
See you in the pain cave soon!