It is important for you to understand and observe the Rules and Regulations for HotChillee Events. When entering any HotChillee events you will need to confirm that you have understood the rules and will abide by them.
Rules and Regulations:
- The Participant must be 18 years or over on the start day of the event.
- Safety approved cycling helmets need to be worn for the duration of the event by all Participants.
- It is the Particpants obligation to familiarise him/herself with the event itinerary. The event will not be delayed in the event of a Participant failing to present him/herself at the appropriate time.
- To be classified as an “Official Finisher” you will need to ride the entire event. Exceptions are made where you may be receiving mechanical or medical attention in a support vehicle.
- You will not be classified as an Official Finisher if:
- You have to withdraw due to injury or illness or irrepariably breaking your bike
- You take a “ride” in a support vehicle
- You are DQ’d for failure to adhere to ride rules
- A Broom Wagon will be available for any Participant requiring a rest. By taking a “rest” you will not be classified as an “Official Finisher”.
- If for reasons of safety or the smooth running of the event you are requested to take a ride in the Broom Wagon, you must comply. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Participants may not pass the lead vehicle at ANY time when riding in a supported group unless directed by a police officer of marshall.
- Participants will strictly adhere to group riding etiquette and not endanger themselves or their fellow Participants.
- Participants must seek medical advice if they are unsure about their fitness level or have any medical or health concern.
- Participants must ensure that they are fit for the start of the event.
- Participants must wear their Identification Numbers at all times whilst riding during the event.
- Riders bikes must have Identification Numbers provided, displayed at all times during the event.
- Participants must inform the event organisers if they feel unwell.
- No time trial bars are permitted.
- The organisers may from time to time trial a new concept e.g. a non standard road bike or younger riders.
- The Participant must ensure that their bike is in safe working order for the duration of the event.
- Participants may not deviate from the official route.
- Participants must obey the local traffic regulations, traffic officers.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring the safeness of their actions on or off the bicycle.
- Participants may not use their cellphone while riding.
- Participants may not use a stereo headset or iPod whilst riding.
- The Tour will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped for reasons of safety. Entry fees are not refundable, however.
- Entry to the Event is at the sole discretion of the Organisers.
[Last updated 10 May 2017].